Saturday, November 24, 2012

Carrie Fisher Plastic Surgery Before Weight Loss and Facelift

Carrie Fisher: Drops Weight, Gains Plastic

So Carrie Fisher showed up on the Today Show yesterday after having dropped 50lbs using one of those diet systems. Well, at least that’s how she said she lost the weight, but we can get to that later. Anyhow, the only thing people seemed to notice more than her weight loss, was the Star Wars hero’s surgically altered face. Now everyone is screaming from the mountain tops about Princess Leia’s plastic surgery revelation, but we have news for you folks: it’s been going on for years.

A few months back, we reported on Carrie’s apparent eyelid surgery (a blepharoplasty which has given her the “wide eyed” look), neck lift (getting rid of her age-related “turkey neck”), and face lift (the reason her skin looks stretched and her mouth looks wider); so now it just looks to us like she’s had a little more work done. It appears that in an effort to tighten up any loose skin left from her weight drop, Carrie seems to have gotten another face lift, giving her an ultra stretched look. It also appears that she may have have gotten her lips injected with something, probably Restylane, to give them a fuller look.

We aren’t happy with the results folks; smaller waist or not, her face is looking less Leia and more Jabba (if you don’t get that reference, you may be fired from the Internet). As for her new found figure; it’s completely possible, and even probable, that she dieted and exercised her way down to her target weight; but with her plastic surgery past, we wouldn’t be surprised if Carrie Fisher also got some liposuction, or maybe lap-band surgery. Either way, congrats on the weight loss Carrie, now stop visiting your plastic surgeon before it’s too late!

Wacky Carrie Fisher looks totally different now that she’s lost 50 pounds in nine months and undoubtedly gotten some very good work done. This lady is 54 years old and while I wouldn’t put her at 10 years younger looking or anything she looks incredible. I’ve noticed that it’s harder to lose weight the older I get (I’m not 40 yet, but barely) and my mom tells me as much too. So Carrie deserves a lot of credit for losing all that weight. She also got a very good surgeon to freshen her up, although she had that facelift before she lost the weight. It’s easy to notice that she’s had a lot of work done when she talks and only her jaw moves, but in still photos she doesn’t look all plumped up and waxy. (Except for her lips, but they’ll hopefully settle.)

Carrie is a spokesperson for Jenny Craig, and she explained that she was able to stick to the diet with the help of her consultant, whom she compared to an AA sponsor:

She’s lost 50 lbs. in the past nine months – and is ready for her bikini, or, in her case, her Princess Leia metal two-piece.
The self-effacing author-actress and Jenny Craig spokesperson, 54, coyly unveiled her latest self on Wednesday’s Today” show, accepting a hug from host Ann Curry, who proclaimed Fisher “beautiful.”
“If I knew I don’t want to know, because then I’d have to go get it,” Fisher said when asked where was the rest of her.
Before the weight loss, she said, “I couldn’t leave the house [to go shopping], because they didn’t have sizes [large enough]. I exhausted the alphabet on bra sizes.” She also admitted she could no longer look at herself in the mirror.
Now, Fisher is proud to be able to buy clothes she hadn’t imagined wearing before, though being over age 50 she’ll shun going sleeveless.
Of the Jenny Craig weight-loss plan, Fisher admitted she’s addicted to the cereal, because “it tastes like contraband,” which appeals to her. Fisher also credited her consultant, who allowed the actress “to complain to, stamp my fat foot and say I didn’t want to do it.”

Carrie said a couple of things that I found funny and could relate to. First she said she didn’t like to see pictures of herself before she lost the weight. “I saw pictures of myself where I didn’t look like [me]. I thought that was growing old, it turns out it was mostly getting fat.” I only gained 10 pounds in the past year or so and I hate to see photos of myself. I think my face looks so different. Also I could relate to what she said about how she asked her daughter “what do I do that embarasses you?” and she said “wear a bra.” I try to tell my mom that, subtly, all the time.

She also quipped that being Princess Leia was like being Minnie Mouse and added there’s “a marijuana called Princess Leia, not that I’ve seen it.” Carrie wants to get back in her Star Wars metal bikini and joked that she’s coming out with a line of metal bikinis for women over 40. That’s it, the next chance I get I’m watching her Wishful Drinking special on HBO. She’s funny as hell.

Here’s Carrie “Before,” in January, 2011 announcing that she’s going to be a Jenny Craig spokesperson.

And here she is in October, 2009, before whatever it is she had done. I have no idea what’s up with the sparkles around her eyes, but this photo was taken outside her performance of Wishful Drinking, so this must be stage makeup.