Tuesday, January 22, 2013

David Gest Plastic Surgery Before and After Facelift

Tabloids reported that former husband of Liza Minelli, David Gest, regrets multiple facial cosmetic procedures.
David used the same surgeon that Michael Jackson did for his facial work.
You can’t say the surgeon’s work isn’t consistant, right?

David was quoted as saying

‘All of a sudden I decided to have a nose job and facelift in one operation,
and have cheek implants and a cleft chin a week later,’

‘I went ahead because I was unhappy.
But if I could live my life again, I wouldn’t do it,’

Well to late now Dave. You should have thought bout that before you went and plasticized your face.

David Gest had a nose job, facelift, cheek implants and was given a cleft chin in 1981

Sometimes it takes celebs a shockingly long time to figure out relatively obvious stuff. Okay to be fair, sometimes it takes me a really long time too. But I don’t splash my face all over the tabloids (much as I try, they keep ignoring me), so I can at least keep my stupidity to myself. Mostly. Although it took him a hell of a long time to get to the realization, David Gest, perpetually surprised ex-husband of Liza Minnelli, admits he regrets his decision to go under the knife. Though I’m guessing it’s more like knives.

    David Gest regrets going under the knife. The reality star had a nose job, facelift, cheek implants and was given a cleft chin in 1981.

    ‘I’ve never thought of myself as handsome,’ he says. ‘I can’t bear to look in the mirror. I was an idiot to have plastic surgery – there was nothing wrong with my nose. But nobody could have stopped me at the time. I was a foolish kid.’

    David, now 55, says appearing on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in 2006 helped him accept his appearance.

    ‘It is the best thing I ever did,’ he says. ‘I finally realised that people liked me. I guess people saw the real me and realised I wasn’t just a freak in sunglasses. I get mobbed in the street by fans now. It’s crazy, but I love it.’

Oh where to start. First off – and this part isn’t David’s fault – cosmetic surgery done 27 years ago probably isn’t going to look as good as it would if it were done today. Technology is significantly more advanced in that field. So I kind of feel badly for the guy. Right now I’m reading a book called Beauty Junkies about the overemphasis we place on cosmetic surgery in America, and it talks about some of the things people used to get injected with. Scary stuff. I don’t even want to imagine what’s floating under that guy’s head.

All that said… it’s been awhile, perhaps it’s time for some touch up work. I understand being afraid after being made to look like… I don’t even know what to compare Gest to. A sleepy Michael Jackson? But I would think there’s some way a really good surgeon could correct some of his facial features. The most obvious being the perma-surprised brow. I don’t think anything else is so gasp-worthy on him, and it really leaves an impression. And while it’s nice that he feels better about himself… I’m going to have to argue with the whole idea that people mob David Gest on the street. I mean I do, but I have a lot of questions for him. Most times he just looks surprised and runs away.